Reports in The New York Times, the British newspaper The Guardian and Travel & Leisure have all rated Cape Town as the Number 1 city to visit.
Cape Town is not only a beautiful city offering much to tourists but has also become one of the world’s prime wedding locations and it’s not difficult to see why as the city and surrounding areas offer a wonderful combination of world-class wedding venues.
Here are 10 Good Reasons why you should hold your wedding in Cape Town:
- A wedding in the sun! Cape Town has 2980 hours of sunshine per year (compared, for example, to London’s 1480).
- South Africa’s favourable exchange rate means that you can have the wedding of your dreams in Cape Town at a fraction of the cost.
- Cape Town boasts world-class wedding service providers and all those who advertise on our website come highly recommended.
- South Africa’s wedding season of good weather extends to 39 weekends, compared to only 13 in the UK.
- No need to suffer from jet-lag at your wedding in Cape Town! The travelling time to South Africa from Europe is only 11 hours.
- Unlike many foreign countries, South Africa has English as an official language, which means your wedding planning will be a breeze.
- Having your wedding in beautiful Cape Town offers an ideal way to escape meddling relatives!
- You can combine your wedding and honeymoon in one of the world’s most beautiful places.
- South Africa – and the Cape in particular – boasts some stunning locations for weddings, ranging from beaches and mountain tops to winelands and game farms.
- South Africa is situated halfway between Europe and Australia, making it easy for friends and relatives from afar to attend your wedding.